The mission of the School District of Crandon is to inspire all members of the school community in a learner centered environment that cultivates positive character traits, fosters a personal commitment to academic excellence, and celebrates diversity through the collaborative efforts of staff, parents and community.
It is believed that the most promising strategies to achieving the mission of the school district is to build the capacity of our learners-both professional and student-in order to:
- Unite to achieve a common purpose as outlined by school site goals;
- To work together-interdependently-in collaborative teams;
- Seek and implement promising strategies for improving student learning on a continuous basis;
- Monitor each student’s progress on a frequent basis;
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the academic success and general well-being of each student.
In order to achieve the shared vision, the professionals employed by the School District of Crandon agree to the following collective commitments:
- Study, clarify, align and pace state standards, district curriculum and benchmarks and local assessments;
- Develop and monitor local assessment data to monitor each student’s learning;
- Develop, implement and evaluate school based SMART goals to target specific instructional areas in need of improvement;
- Engage in meaningful, job-embedded professional learning to enhance our professional skills;
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to promote success for all students;
- Initiate individual and small group instructional programs to provide additional learning time for all students;
- Provide parents with resources, strategies and information to help students succeed.